Increase Air Quality and Reduce Energy Costs
ComTech provides Fume Hoods that are designed to clean the mist and dirt from the air that the casting process creates. The hood sits over top of the die cast machine and creates a vacuum so that air is pulled into the hood. The smoke and die spray mist rises into the hood which keeps the surrounding area clean.
Many options for filtering the air are available. They are:
· Fumes can be vented via ductwork directly out of the building (assuming a biodegradable lube is used).
· Multiple hoods can be connected via ductwork to a central filtration system. This eliminates make-up air.
· A local filter system can be integrated directly into the hood. This eliminates ductwork and make-up air.
Standard hoods are designed for DCM ranging in size from 200 - 3500 tons. Custom designs can be done for challenges such as low ceilings, gantry extractors, etc.
· Pushbutton Operator Interface
· Movable Hood for die removal
· Tall enough to fit over a reciprocator or spray robot
· Paint to your spec
· 1 year warranty
· Self Contained media filtration system
· Illumination inside hood
· Automated filter cleaning system
Why Install Fume Hoods?
· Clean air eliminated respiratory hazards for employees
· Reduction in fall risks to employees because area is clean and dry
· Less mist and dirt on equipment and lighting
· Less maintenance costs in keeping equipment clean
· Reduction in energy costs
· Less impact on environment due to casting process